be a player in CREATIVE TECH
Steve Jobs once said, “the best way to create value in the 21st century is to connect creativity and technology”. Careers that involve creativity and technology spam from gaming, film, animation, motion graphics, video production, architecture, etc. It prepares students for the ever-growing creative economy.
The App design and development sector has grown from $34 billion in 2016 to $74 billion in 2020.
study at a top college
what is app design and development?
App designers and developers are responsible for designing, building, and publishing iOS and Android mobile apps from scratch. As part of the development process, mobile user interface (UI) design is essential in the creation of mobile apps.
An app developer’s typical responsibilities include:
- designing application management
- troubleshooting monitoring updates and possible security threats
- providing end-user support
what is artifical intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a machine with the ability to solve problems, which usually are performed by humans using our natural intelligence. Specific applications of AI include expert systems, natural language processing, speech recognition, and machine vision.
5 key roles in AI:
- Business Intelligence Developer
- AI Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Robotic Scientist
- Research Scientist
Type of tasks for AI:
- Natural Language understanding, generation, and translation
- Common-sense Reasoning
- Simple reasoning and logical symbol manipulation
- Robot Control
what is augmented reality?
Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive 3D experience that combines a view of the real world with computer-generated elements. AR is different from VR in that VR is a completely self-contained computer environment while AR layers computer elements among real objects in real-time.
AR is a growing trend among companies involved in mobile computing and business applications in particular. Some other popular examples of AR apps include AcrossAir, Google Sky Map, Layar, Lookator, SpotCrime, PokemonGo, etc.
- AR/VR Content Developer
- AR/VR Content Strategist
- AR/VR User Experience Designer
- Designer, animator, or sound artist specializing in AR & VR
- AR/VR Community Manager
- AR/VR Project Manager
what is blockchain technology?
Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack, or cheat the system. A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain.
- Blockchain Developer
- Blockchain Solution Architect
- Blockchain Web Developer
- Blockchain Project Manager
- Blockchain UX Designer
- Blockchain Quality Engineer
- Blockchain Legal Consultant
Skills you need for blockchain roles:
- Blockchain architecture
- Data structures
- Smart contracts
- Web development
- Programming languages
what is data science?
Data science is the area of study which involves extracting insights from a vast amount of data. A data scientist’s job is to analyze data for actionable insights. Specific tasks include: Identifying the data-analytics problems that offer the greatest opportunities to the organization.
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Architect
- Data Storyteller
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Database Administrator
what is front end web development?
Front-end development is the section of the web that users interact with. This includes everything that users can see, experience, and touch. It represents the graphical user interface with various icons such as the navigation menu, videos, and images.
- Optimizing the user experience
- Developing and maintaining the user interface
- Implementing design on mobile websites
- Creating tools that improve site interaction regardless of the browser
- Managing software workflow
what is game development?
Game development is the act of creating a game; sometimes referred to as “gamedev.” The game development process typically requires input from one or more game designers, artists, programmers, animators, testers, project managers, etc. to plan, design, and produce video games for computers, mobile devices, or game consoles.
Key tasks for a game developer are:
- Plan game projects (after receiving the game’s specifications and feature requests, game developers plan its storyline, characters, environment, activities, scoring, and progression)
- Design games
- Write code
- Test and debug games
- Maintain game projects
what is software engineering?
Software engineering is the study of and practice of engineering to build, design, develop, maintain, and retire software. Typically, there are people who specialize in various pieces of the process, but some companies will use the same person or multiple people who work on different parts of the development.
Key tasks for a software engineer are:
- Modifying existing software applications
- Creating new software applications from scratch
- Analyzing and designing full software systems
- Using design documentation and flowcharts to illustrate what needs to happen
what is virtual reality?
Virtual reality is an artificial environment that is created with software and presented to the user in such a way that the user suspends belief and accepts it as a real environment.
On a computer, virtual reality is primarily experienced through two of the five senses: sight and sound.
- Unity Developer
- UX/UI Designer
- VR Game Engineer
- VR Sound Effects Specialist
- Mixed Reality Artist
- Film and Television Content Lead
- Technical 3D Artist