about the course
What will you learn?
This 2D course for Analytical Figure Drawing offers an in-depth study of the figure and the surface anatomy while maintaining a grounding in the artistic principles of design.
You will continue to develop a basic skill set throughout this course, with a special emphasis placed on the understanding and application of those basics to the human figure. Furthermore, this course will emphasize a process-based approach focusing on the analysis of form, construction, and perspective.
- Drawing the figure in a minimized, abstracted, organization of line emphasizing movement, proportion, and anatomy
- Using the skeletal system to organize and interpret the gesture into volumes and perspective while in proper proportion
- Practicing these ideas when constructing the figure
- Become familiar with the skeleton and how its structural foundation appears in the human form
- Construction and design of the human head
- Using the landmarks of the skull to show form and find perspective
- Defining and covering the shapes and functions of the muscles of the front and back of the torso
- Defining and covering the shapes and functions of the muscles and tendons of the hip and upper leg
- Defining the shapes and functions of the muscles and tendons of the lower leg and foot
- Part one of the rendering sub-lecture
- Defining the shapes and functions of the muscles of the shoulder and upper arm
- Sub-lecture Pt.1: lighting the head and applying what has been learned to figure drawing
- Part 2 of the rendering sub-lecture
- Defining the shapes and functions of the muscles of the forearm and hand
- Sub-lecture Pt.2: lighting the full figure and applying what has been learned to figure drawing
What do you need to apply?
Payment plans and other types of reimbursement available
start your creative career today
Discover more about
Because you are interested in this course
You might also like…
Do you need help from one of our student counselors?
Book a FREE consultation with one of our friendly Student Enrolment Advisors