about the course
Learn 2D animation from top animators and progress faster with expert career training and mentorship. Discover what it takes to become a professional 2D animator! In this comprehensive course, you’ll learn how to use Toon Boom Harmony to create hand-drawn style character animations from scratch and be guided every step of the way by your industry mentor.
CG Spectrum’s 2D animation classes are conducted online, meaning they’re available to you, wherever you are in the world. You’ll be personally mentored by former Disney and DreamWorks artists with decades of experience working on TV shows, and feature films. Your mentor will guide you through exercises, offering insightful feedback to help you progress faster as an artist.
Improve demo reel creation and animation skills.
Help students to boost their skills and understanding in making 2D FX Animation.
Earn a Certificate of Completion.
Earn a Certificate of Completion when you complete and turn in 80% of course assignments.
One year of free access to the full course.
Enjoy one-year full access to the course that includes lectures, feedback, and live Q&A recordings.
Personalized expert feedback and live Q&A.
Receive personal individual feedback on all submitted assignments from the industry’s best artist.
- How did the FX industry evolve and what can it be used for today
- Importance of reference gathering and how to read references properly.
- An in-depth look at how important design is for FX
- Following the three pillars: Line, Shape, and Color
- Students will go over how to adapt your FX to different show styles(from illustrative, stylized to more realistic/organic looks) and how important creating appealing shapes and dynamic designs is.
- Electricity and Energy is all about that dynamic timing, students will focus on how to capture the pure energy and how they can push the shape to create different timings and level of intensity to it.
- Students will create unique looks, how to get interesting shapes and feel to fire cycles
- Students will learn how to create clever cycles that can be reused as fire is often used as a constant source.
Smoke is known to have more screen time and smoother movements, keeping a clean look is important here
- Students will learn how the techniques and plan their FX
- Students will focus on how to tighten their drawings and create interesting shapes and depth with few colors while keeping it organic and appealing within tight deadlines.
In this chapter, appeal, pushing shapes and frames is important to get more intensity and style to FX,
- Students will focus on doing some fun liquid exploration and discussing how to capture different speeds in the animation depending on on how dense your liquid is.
- Students will master creating appealing and interesting shapes with wild card FX.
- Students will focus on how FX act together and make sure all the physics have a nice harmony with one another
- Students will learn techniques on how to do their own pre-com
- Students will learn how to add all elements together and to make it all appealing.
What do you need to apply?
Payment plans and other types of reimbursement available
start your creative career today
Discover more about
Because you are interested in this course
You might also like…
Do you need help from one of our student counselors?
Book a FREE consultation with one of our friendly Student Enrolment Advisors